What is the HemaSpot-SE™
The HemaSpot-SE™ patented design includes a new engineered material that provides rapid separation of blood with no cell hemolysis for improved precision. This new approach is a true alternative collection method similar to an SST tube, where red cells are separated from the serum without the need of a centrifuge.
What do I need to do before I start collecting my blood sample?
Before you start collecting your blood sample, make sure to do the following:
Check the contents of your kit. The kit includes:
- 1 Foil Pouch (Collection Device)
- 2 Lancets (One extra if needed)
- 1 Alcohol Swab1 Adhesive Bandage
- 1 Gauze Pad
- 1 Test Requisition & Consent Form
- 1 Return Mail Envelope
Important Collection Information:
- Do NOT open foil pouch until you’re ready to begin collecting your blood sample.
- The collection device MUST be used within 30 minutes after opening foil pouch.
- Fasting for 8-10 hours prior to blood collection is recommended for all tests.
- Improper collection of blood specimens may affect laboratory results. Carefully read and follow the collection instructions provided with your kit.
- Persons with hemophilia or anti-coagulation therapy should consult a licensed physician or healthcare professional before using this kit.
Video Credit: Spot-On Sciences
Spot On Sciences, Inc. develops and markets innovative medical devices to improve collection and storage of biological fluids for diagnostic testing. The premier product, HemaSpot™, is a simple to use device for self sampling and robust storage/shipping of blood samples at ambient temperatures. HemaSpot™ uses a finger stick to collect and dry blood within a protective cartridge which can be easily shipped to our laboratory for analysis.